FREE LD product

FREE LD product
FREE Giraffing Out Aloud Product worth $40+ when you open a LD account

Wednesday 12 February 2014

Be Mine - Valentine Cards

Hearts, valentine, be mine, love

This week, I found a fantastic cutting file in the Pazzles Craft Room Library.  It should be a Pocket Card file, but I decided to play with one section of the file using my Pazzles Inspiration cutting machine.

I tried 3 different looks and could have carried on for a while trying different permutations, but I ran out of dusky pink cardstock!

This is what the file in the Pazzles Craft Room looks like and is available in wpc and svg format.


So, how did I create the 3 different looks...........


This is the first card I started with.  I made an outline of the curved rectangle to create my base card which I mirrored - duplicated - welded.

I cut out the file but did not cut the bottom right heart out of the pink cardstock.  Instead, I cut one heart out of patterned paper.  I layered it onto a craft foam pad and added a pearl flat backed heart.


For my second card, I followed the same procedure but I cut out all the hearts using patterned paper.  I cut out one heart using pink cardstock and adhered it as before.


Then, for my third card I realised I had some pretty patterned hearts left over from card number 2 (above).  So, not wanting to waste them, I scored them and applied a tiny bit of glue to the back of the score lined heart and arranged them on my card!

Oh, by the way, I took a sanding tool and distressed around the edges of the pink cardstock and hearts of all three cards.

I am so chuffed at how I have made 3 cards out of one cutting file and I still haven't made the Pocket Card as intended.....maybe next year!

I would love you to leave a comment and tell me which card is your favourite?

Supplies:-
Be Mine Pocket Card - Pazzles Craft Room Library
Pazzles Cutting Machine – 99.00 Dollar Special
Tea Break Collection - Kaisercraft
Pink Cardstock - Core'dinations
Flat Backed Pearl Hearts

Electronic Die Cutter 468x60

Thousands of Images 468x60

I have linked this project to the Wildly Original Link Party 

Joanna x


1 comment:

  1. Hi, Joanna! I love #3 the best. The bold colors appeal to me!
    Gorgeous, all three, though!
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete